Graphics wraps, whether for vehicles or other surfaces, are a dynamic and eye-catching form of advertising and personalization. To achieve a professional and seamless look, following a precise installation process is crucial.
While some may attempt DIY installations, many businesses opt for professional installation to ensure a flawless result.
In this article, we’ll provide a detailed guide to the installation process of graphic wraps when done by seasoned professionals.
Step 1: Design Consultation
The process often begins with a design consultation between the client and the professional graphic installer:
- Assessment:Professionals evaluate the specific requirements and dimensions of the project. They take precise measurements of the target surface.
- Design Review:If the client has provided their own design, the professional reviews it to ensure it’s suitable for the application. And if it can be accurately reproduced.
- Material Selection:Professionals recommend appropriate materials. It can include adhesive vinyl type and lamination options. All this is based on the project’s needs.
Step 2: Printing and Production
After the design consultation, the chosen design is sent to a printing facility:
- Printing:High-quality digital printers are used to print the graphics onto the selected vinyl material. UV-resistant inks are commonly employed to ensure durability and vibrant colours.
- Lamination:Depending on the project, a protective laminate layer may be applied to the printed graphics. This provides additional protection against UV rays and other environmental factors.
Step 3: Surface Preparation
Before any installation can begin, the target surface must be adequately prepared:
1- Cleaning: Professionals thoroughly clean the surface to remove any, grease, or wax that could hinder adhesion.
2- Surface Inspection: They check the surface for imperfections or irregularities that may need addressing before installation.
Step 4: Masking
Next, professionals focus on the careful positioning and preparation of the graphics:
1- Masking Tape: Masking tape is applied along the edges of the graphic. This tape serves as a hinge, allowing for precise positioning. It also prevents the adhesive from coming into direct contact with the surface initially.
2- Positioning: Using the hinge method, professionals align the graphic with the target surface. They ensure it’s correctly centred and levelled.
Step 5: Application and Wrapping
Now, the actual application of the graphic begins:
1- Once the graphic is correctly positioned, the masking tape hinge is carefully removed. This allows the adhesive to make contact with the surface.
2- Beginning at the centre of the graphic, professionals use a squeegee to press and smooth the vinyl onto the surface. They work outward from the centre, expelling any air bubbles.
3- For surfaces with curves, or recessed areas, a heat gun is used to soften the vinyl. This makes it more pliable. It facilitates conforming to the surface’s shape
To sign off
The step-by-step installation process of Graphics wraps done by professionals is a meticulous and precise procedure. This process ensures that the graphic wrap looks impeccable and delivers the intended message. With the expertise of professionals, clients can trust in the quality and visual impact of their graphic wraps.